Goodbye Flu, Welcome Winter Season!
February 18, 2017
Easy Ayurveda to Keep Flu Away
By Dr. Asma Inamdar
This flu season, these handy herbal medicines must be prepared at home for all cough, cold and flu. Only one teaspoon of this paste.
- ½ teaspoon long pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 2-3 pieces of rock sugar crystals
2. Warm herbal tea is an herb of choice too
Holy basil leaves and ginger boiled with water is best option to immune you body as well as to reduce upper respiratory tract infection (URTI).
3. Reduce inflammation and detox your liver post flu with the following:
- 1teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1Cup warm water
- Meat and vegetable soups are great for winter diet plan. However, it is recommended to avoid too much intake.
- Avoid eating fruits like banana, guava and other sour fruits.
- When drinking tea, Tulsi leaves also known as holy basil is a great complement. It does not only relieve respiratory disorders, but also treats fever, asthma, lung disorders, and stress.
- Exposure to cold winds, bath, exercise, sleeplessness and mental strain should be avoided.
- A mild laxative may be given if the patient suffers from constipation.